|Name||TinkerTool System 5.21|
|Created on||2017-02-15 13:25:54|
|Files||TinkerTooSystem 5.21.dmg (29.83 MB)|
Descriptions for TinkerTool System 5.21
Name: TinkerTool System
Version: 5.21 (Build 170130)
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.12 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys5.html
Change advanced OS X settings and more
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- builtin maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical realworld problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- features to protect your privacy,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool (included) which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Internet browser privacy protection tools,
- Tools to remove international language support files,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spellchecker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
What’s New TinkerTool System 5.21
- Added new feature to change the hardware security setting that permits the unconfirmed activation of option ROMs of thirdparty devices. This feature is only available on Macintosh systems released by Apple before May 2015.
- Added a makeshift workaround for several defects of macOS where the system shows authorization dialogs in the wrong language or with misleading messages.
- Added a makeshift workaround for a defect of macOS where the system no longer opens authorization dialogs for the application, resulting in a “permission denied” error for all privileged functions. The application now tries to detect this system failure, guiding the user through the necessary steps to resolve this.
- Enhances performance of the application after working with Time Machine features in system configurations with slow networkbased backup destinations.
- Several small changes in the user interface.