Playr was made solely to focus on your video viewing experience. It’s not crammed with extra features for organizing files or to make playlists and such. You don’t need to install any extras or plug-ins to view your favorite movies, it just works.
Playr has been carefully developed using the latest available technologies with a meticulous attention to detail. Its user interface is clean, stylish, and simple to use. Hope you’ll enjoy it!
- Play almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins
- Doesn’t depend on QuickTime or AVFoundation for playback
- Hardware decoding for H.264 video to reduce CPU pressure
- Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files
- Smart built-in subtitle search engine… find your movie or TV-show subtitles in a breeze
- Supports all the major subtitle formats
- Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold, and underline
- Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc.)
- Convenient metadata inspector that automatically pulls info from the net… with links to IMDb
- Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty-gritty details
- Retina graphics user interface
- Retina resolution subtitles on your Retina MacBook Pro
- Fullscreen player built-in (of course)
- Works just fine with OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 10.9 Mavericks
- 64-bit native
- Now the dock icon is changing to reflect the playing/paused state of Playr.
- The last current time in the movie is now restored when restoring windows.
- Fixed a bug where multiple subtitle tracks could be visible at the same time.
- Export subtitle tracks to a file. Supported formats are SRT, STL, 3GPP Timed Text, iTunes Timed Text, WebVTT.
- Reveal the associated file of a subtitle track in the Finder.
- Remove a subtitle track.
- The Open file dialog is now closed whenever a file is opened from somewhere else.
- Layout fixes in the Inspector window.
- Russian localization by Algiz Nord.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later