Advanced PHP editor and reliable development environment
The built-in smart PHP code editor that is compatible with modern and legacy versions of PHP, and that also features code autocompletion, on-the-fly error prevention, refactorings and support for language mixtures.
A large number of inspections ensure the quality of your code as you type by constantly analyzing the entire project.
The editor is accompanied by PHPDoc support, code arranger and re-arranger, PHP code sniffer and mess detector, quick fixes, code formatter and other features that will keep your code clean and valid.
Code completion and formatting capabilities
Moreover, the Code formatter offers code style configuration and other features that enable you to write easy to support code. You can take advantage of the built-in PSR1 and PSR2, Symfony2, Drupal, Zend and other standards compliant code formatting.
What is more, PhpStorm makes it easy for you to take care of various routine tasks directly from within the IDE thanks to the local history, Version Control Systems integration, support for remote deployment, command-line tools, SQL and databases, Composer, Vagrant, PHP UML, built-in REST client, SSH console and more.
Reliable visual debugger and remote debugging options
In a nutshell, PhpStorm is one if those apps that will make you ask yourself how have you been able to develop PHP projects before installing it. And this an understatement.
What’s new in PhpStorm 2016.3.2:
PHP 7.1: Support square bracket syntax for array destructuring assignment:
• PHP 7.1 support is improved and includes now square bracket syntax for array destructing assignments. We’ve also updated “Language level inspection” and implemented a quick fix for fast language level change.
Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, the most remarkable of them:
• Horizontal scrolling with SHIFT key is no longer working: IDEA-164094
• IDEA strips trailing spaces even in the line under caret: IDEA-164345
• Project Opening options are ignored, confirmation window is shown regardless of settings: PY-17836
• WI-27829 — Pull members up suggests to move member to “object” class
• WI-30435 — Introduce variable suggests “this” as a variable name
• WI-33182 — Can’t add ZFTool as a command line tool
• WI-34071 — pcntl_async_signals() is unknown to PhpStorm
• WI-34109 — Can’t open the link in the “PHP interpreter is not configured” popup
• WI-34134 — getExtendsList must not return null
• WI-34156 — array_sum returns number, not int|float
• WI-34226 — Extract variable: Exclude superglobals from variable name suggestion
• WI-34248 — Blade: parameter info is not shown in PHP tags
• WI-34264 — Create New Project from Existing Source doesn’t work for a new server
• WI-34273 — Remote PHPCS and PHPMD don’t work
• WI-34285 — Usage in annotations is not detected (PHP Annotation plugin)
• WI-34286 — Directories setting page is blank if there is no content roots
• WI-34310 — PHPCS/PHPMD: it’s not possible to choose file in configuration text field
• WI-34349 — Can’t rename deployment configurations if they’re not default
• WI-34355 — Create parameter: works incorrectly for variables in use statement for closures
• WI-32531 — Support Square bracket syntax for array destructuring assignment in PHP 7.1
• WI-32535 — ALL mcrypt* functions are deprecated in PHP 7.1
• WI-32617 — Add new curl functions in PHP 7.1 curl_multi_errno() and curl_share_errno()
• WI-34300 — [OpenAPI, FR]: add PhpEval visitor
• WI-34301 — [OpenAPI, FR] add PhpLoop interface (While, ForeachStatement, For, DoWhile)
• WI-34325 — Add missing UConverter intl stubs
• WI-34347 — PHPDoc for variable has the wrong example