Mate Translate (was Instant Translate) allows you to translate words and phrases between over 100 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history. You can quickly swap languages in the pop-up using Control+S.
- 100+ languages supported
- offline history of translations
- translate in the pop-up window that’s always in the menu bar
- translate selected text from the context menu
- open the pop-up with a shortcut
- autorun as the Mac starts
- pin the pop-up window above all other windows
- insert contents of the clipboard
- For curious ones, who was translating really big texts and Mate was occasionally crashing: we fixed it. You can translate up to 20,000 characters at once again. That’s impressive ~4000 English words, for the record!
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later